Microsoft set to make major announcement Monday involving tablet
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Microsoft says it has a major announcement for Monday afternoon, and the word on the street is that it involves a tablet.
There's speculation that the software giant will unveil a tablet computer to counter Apple's hot-selling iPad and to boost the new Windows 8 operating system.
The company is being very secretive and won't even reveal the location of the announcement until Monday morning. All we know is that this major announcement is being made somewhere in Los Angeles.
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 19 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book