Microsoft set to make major announcement Monday involving tablet
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Microsoft says it has a major announcement for Monday afternoon, and the word on the street is that it involves a tablet.
There's speculation that the software giant will unveil a tablet computer to counter Apple's hot-selling iPad and to boost the new Windows 8 operating system.
The company is being very secretive and won't even reveal the location of the announcement until Monday morning. All we know is that this major announcement is being made somewhere in Los Angeles.
- Tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs; 51 dead
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- Laguna Beach sex assault suspect surrenders
- Fire near Frazier Park 90 percent contained
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74 34 min ago
- OTRC: Seth MacFarlane 'unable' to host Oscars again