Microsoft set to make major announcement Monday involving tablet
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Microsoft says it has a major announcement for Monday afternoon, and the word on the street is that it involves a tablet.
There's speculation that the software giant will unveil a tablet computer to counter Apple's hot-selling iPad and to boost the new Windows 8 operating system.
The company is being very secretive and won't even reveal the location of the announcement until Monday morning. All we know is that this major announcement is being made somewhere in Los Angeles.
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic 54 min ago
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004 48 min ago
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94 38 min ago
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis