Wal-Mart, American Express team on prepaid card
NEW YORK (KABC) -- The nation's biggest retailer is teaming up with a credit card giant to offer prepaid plastic.
Wal-Mart and American Express said Monday they are joining forces on a reloadable prepaid card called Bluebird. It will have no minimum balance or monthly, annual or overdraft fees.
The companies call Bluebird an alternative to debit and checking accounts.
The card will be available at www.bluebird.com and in more than 4,000 Wal-Mart stores next week.
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations 9 min ago
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- Jenny McCarthy engaged to Donnie Wahlberg
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break