Wal-Mart, American Express team on prepaid card
NEW YORK (KABC) -- The nation's biggest retailer is teaming up with a credit card giant to offer prepaid plastic.
Wal-Mart and American Express said Monday they are joining forces on a reloadable prepaid card called Bluebird. It will have no minimum balance or monthly, annual or overdraft fees.
The companies call Bluebird an alternative to debit and checking accounts.
The card will be available at www.bluebird.com and in more than 4,000 Wal-Mart stores next week.
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 59 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- LA family seeks justice after deputy shooting 2 min ago
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail 31 min ago
- Jefferson Park area stabbing suspect sought 52 min ago
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'