Rupert Murdoch in talks to buy LA Times
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Rupert Murdoch may have his sights set on buying the Los Angeles Times.
According to reports, the News Corporation chairman and CEO is interested in purchasing the paper from the Tribune Company.
The Los Angeles Times reports Murdoch has long eyed getting his hands on the paper. But attempts to go after the paper are likely to have regulatory hurdles.
The Tribune Company filed for bankruptcy four years ago and has been caught up in court over competing plans to emerge from bankruptcy ever since.
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold front moving across Southern California
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film