Priceline to buy Kayak for $1.8 billion
NORWALK, Conn. (KABC) -- Priceline.com will buy Kayak Software in a $1.8 billion cash-and-stock deal aimed to expand its online travel business.
Kayak.com allows users to compare hundreds of travel sites when looking for flights, hotels and rental cars.
The discount travel company says Kayak will continue to operate independently as a Priceline group company.
The deal needs the approval of Kayak's shareholders and regulators.
It is expected to close in the first quarter of next year.
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks