Dunkin' Donuts to open shops in California
CANTON, Mass. (KABC) -- Dunkin' Donuts is coming back to California.
The popular chain on Wednesday announced that it wants to open new locations in Los Angeles, Riverside, San Diego, San Bernardino, Ventura and Orange counties starting in 2015.
It plans on opening stand alone stores, as well as smaller operations at airports, college campuses, supermarkets and more.
Dunkin' Donuts is an institution across much of the U.S., but there hasn't been one in California in 10 years.
Dunkin' Donuts opened 291 new restaurants in the U.S. last year. It plans to open 330 to 360 new locations in the U.S. in 2013.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area 8 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting 53 min ago
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
40 min ago