Dunkin' Donuts to open shops in California
CANTON, Mass. (KABC) -- Dunkin' Donuts is coming back to California.
The popular chain on Wednesday announced that it wants to open new locations in Los Angeles, Riverside, San Diego, San Bernardino, Ventura and Orange counties starting in 2015.
It plans on opening stand alone stores, as well as smaller operations at airports, college campuses, supermarkets and more.
Dunkin' Donuts is an institution across much of the U.S., but there hasn't been one in California in 10 years.
Dunkin' Donuts opened 291 new restaurants in the U.S. last year. It plans to open 330 to 360 new locations in the U.S. in 2013.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role