Dunkin' Donuts to open shops in California
CANTON, Mass. (KABC) -- Dunkin' Donuts is coming back to California.
The popular chain on Wednesday announced that it wants to open new locations in Los Angeles, Riverside, San Diego, San Bernardino, Ventura and Orange counties starting in 2015.
It plans on opening stand alone stores, as well as smaller operations at airports, college campuses, supermarkets and more.
Dunkin' Donuts is an institution across much of the U.S., but there hasn't been one in California in 10 years.
Dunkin' Donuts opened 291 new restaurants in the U.S. last year. It plans to open 330 to 360 new locations in the U.S. in 2013.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis