Avon to close Pasadena distribution center
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- The Avon beauty products distribution center that has been operating in Pasadena for nearly 70 years will close by 2014.
Avon announced on Wednesday that it will close its facility located on the 2900 block of Foothill Boulevard as part of the company's global cost-cutting measures.
The center employs about 170 people. It's not clear how many of those workers will be out of a job.
Avon plans to process orders at the Pasadena facility until next year.
A distribution center in Atlanta is also slated for closure.
- Fallbrook bus crash leaves 1 dead, 22 hurt 9 min ago
- Tour bus rolls over on 15 Freeway in Corona 13 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 80+ hurt
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note 1 min ago
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- 14 hospitalized in Riverside County bus crash
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found 9 min ago
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game 56 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal 4 min ago
- Willie Nelson, Daft Punk to perform at Grammys
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis