Avon to close Pasadena distribution center
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- The Avon beauty products distribution center that has been operating in Pasadena for nearly 70 years will close by 2014.
Avon announced on Wednesday that it will close its facility located on the 2900 block of Foothill Boulevard as part of the company's global cost-cutting measures.
The center employs about 170 people. It's not clear how many of those workers will be out of a job.
Avon plans to process orders at the Pasadena facility until next year.
A distribution center in Atlanta is also slated for closure.
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hrs after contact drop
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center 35 min ago
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea 41 min ago
- Green cars for rent at niche LA-based company
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report
- Salt water treatment helps rare lung disease
53 min ago