Avon to close Pasadena distribution center
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- The Avon beauty products distribution center that has been operating in Pasadena for nearly 70 years will close by 2014.
Avon announced on Wednesday that it will close its facility located on the 2900 block of Foothill Boulevard as part of the company's global cost-cutting measures.
The center employs about 170 people. It's not clear how many of those workers will be out of a job.
Avon plans to process orders at the Pasadena facility until next year.
A distribution center in Atlanta is also slated for closure.
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)