Avon to close Pasadena distribution center
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- The Avon beauty products distribution center that has been operating in Pasadena for nearly 70 years will close by 2014.
Avon announced on Wednesday that it will close its facility located on the 2900 block of Foothill Boulevard as part of the company's global cost-cutting measures.
The center employs about 170 people. It's not clear how many of those workers will be out of a job.
Avon plans to process orders at the Pasadena facility until next year.
A distribution center in Atlanta is also slated for closure.
- Oklahoma tornado: 20 children among 51 killed
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- Garcetti, Greuel make final stops across LA 10 min ago
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Does your child have oral allergy syndrome?
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10