Census: Male nurses making more than women nurses
NEW YORK -- It's a profession dominated by women, nursing.
And while numbers show more men are entering the profession, they are still earning more money than women.
The pay comparison study comes from the census, concluding that male nurses make 16% than women nurses in the same job.
But this is illegal, points out Brian Schaffer, an attorney very successful at suing for unfair pay.
He says go to human resources and ask how much the male nurses are making compared to you, and document that you did.
"There can be no retailiation for raising such questions," said Schaffer.
Schaffer adds there are places where men and women are paid the same. A lot of them are companies run by or owned by women.
We went to talk to the president of National Organization for Women in New York City who points out that male nurses making 16% more than women nurses beats the national average.
For every dollar a man makes, a woman still makes only 77 cents.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
business, michelle charlesworth
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 7 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 29 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage 45 min ago
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)