Census: Male nurses making more than women nurses
NEW YORK -- It's a profession dominated by women, nursing.
And while numbers show more men are entering the profession, they are still earning more money than women.
The pay comparison study comes from the census, concluding that male nurses make 16% than women nurses in the same job.
But this is illegal, points out Brian Schaffer, an attorney very successful at suing for unfair pay.
He says go to human resources and ask how much the male nurses are making compared to you, and document that you did.
"There can be no retailiation for raising such questions," said Schaffer.
Schaffer adds there are places where men and women are paid the same. A lot of them are companies run by or owned by women.
We went to talk to the president of National Organization for Women in New York City who points out that male nurses making 16% more than women nurses beats the national average.
For every dollar a man makes, a woman still makes only 77 cents.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
business, michelle charlesworth
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens 53 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor 43 min ago
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the 70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present 43 min ago
- Holiday heart attack triggers to be aware of
55 min ago