Home Depot Center to be renamed StubHub Center
CARSON, Calif. (KABC) -- A name change is coming to the Home Depot Center in Carson. The complex, known as the home of the Los Angeles Galaxy and Chivas USA Major League Soccer teams, will become the StubHub Center on June 1.
Financial details of the agreement between StubHub and the stadium's management company, AEG, weren't available.
The deal includes advertising signs throughout the center and on digital billboards alongside nearby freeways. This is the first naming rights venture for the San Francisco-based online ticket retailer.
The 125-acre facility has been known as the Home Depot Center since it opened 10 years ago. Home Depot paid $70 million for a 10-year deal. The company declined to renew.
StubHub Center will remain an official U.S. Olympic and Paralympic training site, and a training center for the U.S. Soccer Federation, the U.S. Tennis Association and USA Cycling.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles galaxy, business
- Mandela death: So. Africa prepares for burial
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added 36 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought 29 min ago
- Missing Pasadena City College hiker found
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow 14 min ago
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate