Home Depot Center to be renamed StubHub Center
CARSON, Calif. (KABC) -- A name change is coming to the Home Depot Center in Carson. The complex, known as the home of the Los Angeles Galaxy and Chivas USA Major League Soccer teams, will become the StubHub Center on June 1.
Financial details of the agreement between StubHub and the stadium's management company, AEG, weren't available.
The deal includes advertising signs throughout the center and on digital billboards alongside nearby freeways. This is the first naming rights venture for the San Francisco-based online ticket retailer.
The 125-acre facility has been known as the Home Depot Center since it opened 10 years ago. Home Depot paid $70 million for a 10-year deal. The company declined to renew.
StubHub Center will remain an official U.S. Olympic and Paralympic training site, and a training center for the U.S. Soccer Federation, the U.S. Tennis Association and USA Cycling.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles galaxy, business
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 35 min ago
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 10 min ago
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
22 min ago