Chase Bank website down after suspected cyber attack
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Banking giant JPMorgan Chase is the latest financial institution to fall victim to a suspected hacker.
The bank said it was victimized by a "distributed denial of service" attack.
Chase websites were replaced with a message that said the system was temporarily down, but mobile apps were still available. The website has since been restored.
"Chase.com & JPMorgan Online are back up. We're sorry it was such a rough day and we really appreciate your patience," Chase Bank tweeted to customers Tuesday night.
- London theater partially collapses; 40 hurt 7 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- 21 hospitalized in Riverside County bus crash 3 min ago
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis