Chase Bank customers temporarily see '0' balance
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Millions of Chase Bank customers across the U.S. who use online and mobile banking saw their checking and savings accounts with a zero balance on Monday.
The banking giant said the problem was an internal glitch.
"We have a technology problem regarding customers' balance information," Chase said in a statement. "It has nothing to do with cyber threats. It is an internal issue. We are very sorry to our customers for the inconvenience. This began earlier this evening. It is not confined to the West Coast."
The problem lasted a few hours. It was resolved around 7:30 p.m. PT.
Last week, the bank said it was victimized by a "distributed denial of service" attack. Chase websites were replaced with a message that said the system was temporarily down, but mobile apps were still available.
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating 26 min ago
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage 57 min ago
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate? 45 min ago
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies 45 min ago
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)