Albertsons officially under new ownership
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Albertsons supermarket chain is under new ownership.
SUPERVALU Inc., based in Minneapolis, confirmed it has sold its Albertsons stores and Acme, Jewel-Osco, Shaw's and Star Marketstores to AB Acquisition LLC, an affiliate of a Cerberus Capital Management L.P.-led investor group.
The stock deal is worth $3.3 billion, including $100 million in cash and $3.2 billion in debt assumption.
SUPERVALU had already closed 60 stores last summer and laid off 2,500 employees. Albertsons has 228 stores in California and Nevada.
- Mandela death: So. Africa prepares for burial
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added 46 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought 39 min ago
- Missing Pasadena City College hiker found
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow 24 min ago
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple 6 min ago
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate