Albertsons officially under new ownership
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Albertsons supermarket chain is under new ownership.
SUPERVALU Inc., based in Minneapolis, confirmed it has sold its Albertsons stores and Acme, Jewel-Osco, Shaw's and Star Marketstores to AB Acquisition LLC, an affiliate of a Cerberus Capital Management L.P.-led investor group.
The stock deal is worth $3.3 billion, including $100 million in cash and $3.2 billion in debt assumption.
SUPERVALU had already closed 60 stores last summer and laid off 2,500 employees. Albertsons has 228 stores in California and Nevada.
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide 18 min ago
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- OC man convicted of estranged wife's shooting
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing 7 min ago
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy 36 min ago