Albertsons officially under new ownership
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Albertsons supermarket chain is under new ownership.
SUPERVALU Inc., based in Minneapolis, confirmed it has sold its Albertsons stores and Acme, Jewel-Osco, Shaw's and Star Marketstores to AB Acquisition LLC, an affiliate of a Cerberus Capital Management L.P.-led investor group.
The stock deal is worth $3.3 billion, including $100 million in cash and $3.2 billion in debt assumption.
SUPERVALU had already closed 60 stores last summer and laid off 2,500 employees. Albertsons has 228 stores in California and Nevada.
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 14 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery 3 min ago
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide 1 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital 10 min ago
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)