Amazon.com looks to fill 7,000 jobs in 13 states, including California
NEW YORK (KABC) -- There's good news for those looking for jobs. Online retailer Amazon.com Inc. has 7,000 positions in 13 states to fill.
The company says the positions include 5,000 full-time jobs at its U.S. distribution centers, like the one in San Bernardino.
Other distribution center jobs are also available in Phoenix, Ariz.; Middletown, Del.; Patterson and Tracy, Calif.; Indianapolis and Jeffersonville, Ind.; Hebron, Ky.; Breinigsville, Pa.; Charleston and Spartanburg, S.C.; Chattanooga and Murfreesboro, Tenn.; Coppell, Haslet and San Antonio, Texas and Chester, Va.
The company said President Barack Obama is scheduled to visit the Chattanooga facility on Tuesday.
Amazon is also adding 2,000 jobs in customer service, including full-time, part-time and seasonal positions. Jobs are available in Winchester, Ky.; Grand Forks, N.D.; Kennewick, Wash. and Huntington, W.Va. Work from home positions are available in Oregon, Washington and Arizona.
The world's largest online retailer has recently been spending heavily on order fulfillment. The strategy is a move to grow the business and improve profits.
Last week, Amazon said it lost money in the second quarter, even as revenue increased.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
san bernardino county, jobs, business
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks 19 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour