Amazon.com looks to fill 7,000 jobs in 13 states, including California
NEW YORK (KABC) -- There's good news for those looking for jobs. Online retailer Amazon.com Inc. has 7,000 positions in 13 states to fill.
The company says the positions include 5,000 full-time jobs at its U.S. distribution centers, like the one in San Bernardino.
Other distribution center jobs are also available in Phoenix, Ariz.; Middletown, Del.; Patterson and Tracy, Calif.; Indianapolis and Jeffersonville, Ind.; Hebron, Ky.; Breinigsville, Pa.; Charleston and Spartanburg, S.C.; Chattanooga and Murfreesboro, Tenn.; Coppell, Haslet and San Antonio, Texas and Chester, Va.
The company said President Barack Obama is scheduled to visit the Chattanooga facility on Tuesday.
Amazon is also adding 2,000 jobs in customer service, including full-time, part-time and seasonal positions. Jobs are available in Winchester, Ky.; Grand Forks, N.D.; Kennewick, Wash. and Huntington, W.Va. Work from home positions are available in Oregon, Washington and Arizona.
The world's largest online retailer has recently been spending heavily on order fulfillment. The strategy is a move to grow the business and improve profits.
Last week, Amazon said it lost money in the second quarter, even as revenue increased.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
san bernardino county, jobs, business
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video