JetBlue unveils plans for sleeper seats, private suites
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- JetBlue will soon offer seats that convert into lie-flat beds on certain transcontinental routes next year.
The airline is also rolling out separate single suite seats that include a closable door for increased privacy.
The lie-flat seats will be located in the front of the plane on rows 1, 3 and 5. The private suites will be located in rows 2 and 4, with one seat on each side of the aisle.
Passengers choosing the suites seats will receive hot meals and free alcoholic beverages.
The new seats will be available on new Airbus 321 aircraft beginning in the second quarter of 2014 on the two most popular nonstop routes in the U.S. - New York to Los Angeles and New York to San Francisco.
The airline says these new seats will also offer air cushions with adjustable firmness, a massage function, a 15-inch widescreen television and a unique "wake-me-for-service" indicator.
They're not leaving out the coach passengers. The airline says passengers will be receiving more comfortable seats with movable headrests, a new entertainment system and USB power ports to recharge electronics. The airline also promises more leg room throughout the coach cabin.
airline, airplane, travel, business
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens 56 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 32 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- India diplomat claims cavity search in NYC
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- 3-yr-old recovering after 5-organ transplant 8 min ago
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
54 min ago