Facebook friends can affect your ability to secure loan
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Facebook users beware: your Facebook friends online could have an effect in real life on your ability to secure a loan.
Several tech startups are using social data to determine the risk of lending to someone.
One company, Lenddo, determines if you are friends on Facebook with someone who was late paying back a loan to them. That becomes bad news for you.
The news is even worse if the delinquent friend is someone you frequently interact with.
But some in the financial industry are skeptical about this, saying consumers can easily control how many Facebook friends they have.
facebook, technology, business
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 20 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests 56 min ago
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
50 min ago
- Illinois students spread joy w/ Dial-a -Carol
51 min ago