Facebook friends can affect your ability to secure loan
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Facebook users beware: your Facebook friends online could have an effect in real life on your ability to secure a loan.
Several tech startups are using social data to determine the risk of lending to someone.
One company, Lenddo, determines if you are friends on Facebook with someone who was late paying back a loan to them. That becomes bad news for you.
The news is even worse if the delinquent friend is someone you frequently interact with.
But some in the financial industry are skeptical about this, saying consumers can easily control how many Facebook friends they have.
facebook, technology, business
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster 55 min ago
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour