Starbucks offers free coffee to spur DC compromise
Lawmakers in Washington are having a hard time resolving their differences, so Starbucks wants coffee lovers to set an example.
The coffee chain is now offering a free tall brewed coffee to customers who buy another person a drink.
The Starbucks CEO says the offer is a way to help fellow citizens "support and connect with one another, even as we wait for our elected officials to do the same for our country."
The free coffee offer ends Friday.
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land 30 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video