Wal-Mart to open for business Thanksgiving night 2 hours earlier than previous years
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Wal-Mart plans to start "Black Friday" sales earlier than ever this year.
The world's largest retailer announced sales will begin at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving day, two hours earlier than last year. Online deals will begin early Thanksgiving morning.
The company will increase its stock of televisions by 65 percent and double the number of tablet computers for sale.
Wal-Mart says it's trying to keep up with competitors who are also opening earlier this year.
holiday, shopping, business
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen 27 min ago
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled 23 min ago
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt 19 min ago
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour