Wal-Mart to open for business Thanksgiving night 2 hours earlier than previous years
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Wal-Mart plans to start "Black Friday" sales earlier than ever this year.
The world's largest retailer announced sales will begin at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving day, two hours earlier than last year. Online deals will begin early Thanksgiving morning.
The company will increase its stock of televisions by 65 percent and double the number of tablet computers for sale.
Wal-Mart says it's trying to keep up with competitors who are also opening earlier this year.
holiday, shopping, business
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing 4 min ago
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again 58 min ago
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors
- Website brings history of Los Angeles to life
35 min ago