Albertsons closing 11 stores in Southern California
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Albertsons has announced that it is closing 11 of its stores in Southern California.
The stores are expected to be closed by Feb. 20 because they are underperforming.
"While the decision to close a store is difficult -- given the impact on associates and customers -- Albertsons has a responsibility to do what is best for the long-term growth and success of the company as a whole," the company said in a statement.
Stores at the following locations will be closed:
- Whittier: 13003 Whittier Blvd.
- Long Beach: 450 Long Beach Blvd.
- Huntington Beach: 9051 Atlanta Blvd.
- Canyon Country (Santa Clarita): 18571 Soledad Canyon Road
- Woodland Hills: 22890 Victory Blvd.
- Moorpark: 475 West Los Angeles Ave.
- Valencia: 26850 North The Old Road
- Monrovia: 725 E. Huntington Drive
- Ontario: 1000 N. Mountain Ave.
- Chula Vista: 2310 Proctor Valley Road
- San Diego: 4421 University Ave.
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre