LA Auto Show wraps up on holiday weekend
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Feet trudging the carpet. Strollers being pushed. Bags in hand. Prices scrutinized. A local shopping mall?
Nope. It's the Los Angeles Convention Center on the final weekend of the L.A. Auto Show.
Thousands of people arrived to check out what's new in the automotive world instead of searching for the latest doorbuster at the mall.
"We figured that it would be a good time to come to the Auto Show. Everybody will be fighting the madness," said Willian Lohnes of Canoga Park.
While every carmaker wants to put people in their driver seats, Ford went to the next level with interactive simulators.
"You get up there and you go through mud, the sand and the snow and down hills," said Amy Harley of Glendale.
Exotic cars seemed to get the most camera phones pointed their way, but the other stars of the show were the electric cars.
Whether they wanted to check out electric cars or something more conventional, the show has now become a holiday tradition for many families with an added benefit.
"Because everybody's home for the holidays and we're enjoying it, so walk off that turkey and stuffing from last night," said Brea resident Lisa Cabraloff.
The show runs through Sunday.
auto news, auto industry, car tips, dave kunz
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note 22 min ago
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California 21 min ago
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades 9 min ago
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
36 min ago