LA Auto Show wraps up on holiday weekend
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Feet trudging the carpet. Strollers being pushed. Bags in hand. Prices scrutinized. A local shopping mall?
Nope. It's the Los Angeles Convention Center on the final weekend of the L.A. Auto Show.
Thousands of people arrived to check out what's new in the automotive world instead of searching for the latest doorbuster at the mall.
"We figured that it would be a good time to come to the Auto Show. Everybody will be fighting the madness," said Willian Lohnes of Canoga Park.
While every carmaker wants to put people in their driver seats, Ford went to the next level with interactive simulators.
"You get up there and you go through mud, the sand and the snow and down hills," said Amy Harley of Glendale.
Exotic cars seemed to get the most camera phones pointed their way, but the other stars of the show were the electric cars.
Whether they wanted to check out electric cars or something more conventional, the show has now become a holiday tradition for many families with an added benefit.
"Because everybody's home for the holidays and we're enjoying it, so walk off that turkey and stuffing from last night," said Brea resident Lisa Cabraloff.
The show runs through Sunday.
auto news, auto industry, car tips, dave kunz
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 17 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- CA DMV mulls how to regulate driverless cars
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 43 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons
- Unbelievable scenes from Colorado car chase
3 min ago