Black Friday deals travel to LA Auto Show
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Black Friday bargains apparently go way beyond electronics. Turns out, it's also a good day to buy a new car. And right now smart car shoppers are looking for deals at the Los Angeles Auto Show.
Most seem to come here to just look around. Although there are people that are actually in the market, and they've apparently timed it right.
"I've heard recently that Black Friday on Thanksgiving holidays have become the biggest shopping day for cars too," said Brendan Flynn from L.A. Auto Show. "So if you really look around there's giveaways, deals all over the place."
The auto website TrueCar.com confirms that it really is Black Friday in the car world. It might just be the auto business not wanting to miss out on the day that many seem to want to spend money.
Coming to the show gives you a bit of a leg up to see everything at once.
"There's a couple of models that our dealers locally in Carlsbad did not have," said Sue Figueroa. "We have been waiting and waiting, so that's why we're here."
TrueCar has a list of the best deals going- sticker price compared to the average of what you'll pay.
- 2011 Mitsubishi Endeavour with an estimated net price of $22,334.
- 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 with an estimated net price of $17,370.
- 2011 Chrysler 200 with an estimated net price of $18,368.
- 2011 Nissan Maxima with an estimated net price of $27,664.
- 2012 Ford Escape with an estimated net price of $22,0045.
The deals are around, you just have to decide what you want.
The high-end players are in on it too, like Aston Martin.
"If someone were to come in and buy an Aston Martin this weekend, we would give them a matching set of luggage which will color coordinate with the interior of their car," said Stuart McIntosh from Aston Martin.
Of course Aston Martin's cheapest car starts at just under $120,000.
You can't take home a car at the Auto Show, but a lot of the booths will give you a coupon to take to a dealer.
Even if you're not necessarily looking for a Black Friday deal, it's still fun to come and try everything on for size. The L.A. Auto Show runs until Nov. 27.
auto news, car tips, dave kunz
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51 2 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman 14 min ago
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged elder abuse
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- Search for Jimmy Hoffa yields nothing, again
- Aug. trial set for Ohio man in kidnap case
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- Baby bath seats recalled due to drowning fear
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)