2013 Ford Fusion redesigned into an upscale sedan
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Of all the types of cars on the market, mid-size sedans are the most popular in America's auto landscape.
And of all the new mid-size sedans, the 2013 Ford Fusion has seen the most radical redesign. It now wears flowing lines and an elegant grill.
The interior has been dramatically redone, providing drivers with more of an upscale feel. Want technology? The Ford Fusion has options abound. For example, if parallel parking is a challenge, let Ford's Parking Assist System do the work for you.
A new lineup of engines means improved fuel economy for the Ford Fusion. There's a hybrid version available, but the optional EcoBoost four cylinder engines offers good mileage too. A 1.6 liter version is good for 23 mpg city and 36 mpg highway in EPA ratings.
The new Ford Fusion has got a lot going for it including great styling and a lot of cool features and even some fuel-saving engine choices. But there's a lot of competition out there with mid-sized sedans including a new entry from a very strong player in the segment.
The New Year also brings a redesigned Honda Accord, which has remained a popular choice for many years.
Like the Ford Fusion, the Honda Accord now has a more upscale look than the earlier version. And it's actually a bit smaller now, though there's more room on the inside.
Fuel economy has also become more of a priority for the car. The car has a new direct fuel injection for the four cylinder engine, along with a new CVT automatic transmission
EPA ratings are an impressive 27 mpg city and 36 mpg highway.
And unlike some of its competitors, the Honda Accord still offers a V-6 if you want that extra grunt.
Honda's other strategy for the Honda Accord car was to give it lots of standard features. Even the base model has dual zone auto climate control, Bluetooth phone integration and even a rear-view camera.
In addition, Lane Watch technology has been engineered into the new 2013 Honda Accords. A small camera in the right side mirror gives you a clear view of what's in your blind spot. It comes on every time you activate the turn signal.
Mid-size cars are popular and new mid-size offerings with good fuel economy and helpful technology should keep them that way.
auto news, car tips, dave kunz
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 24 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 35 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 53 min ago
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis