High-performance fantasy cars of your dreams
VAN NUYS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- What would you buy if you came into a lot of money? Many people like to fantasize about buying a high-end car. Here are a few of what could be the new cars of your dreams.
For many, the very definition of an exotic car is a Lamborghini. Very Italian, very powerful, very pricy. And if you're going to cough up a couple hundred grand for a Lambo, why not make it a convertible? Or Spyder, as they call it.
Or perhaps something from the land of the royals is more in order for you and your lofty car budget. Good news: There's a new top-of-the line Aston Martin this year -- the Vanquish.
"'Vanquish' means so many different things. But if you vanquish your opponent, that's a very, very strong euphemism," said Stuart McIntosh, sales manager at Galpin Motors.
Vanquishing opponents with a big punch under the hood, and a big number on the window sticker. Astons also coddle their occupants in British hides and other niceties.
And if you're playing out the whole James Bond fantasy with a new custom Vanquish, the Galpin Motors Club Aston is a pretty special place to select your paint, leather and so on.
"This is the only Aston Marton showroom that gives you the feel of being in a living room or by a bar, or certainly part of a club," said McIntosh.
At Galpin Aston Marton, you don't just take delivery of your new car in some parking lot. Oh no: an actual vault door is opened to reveal your new treasure, and you are united with your dream car.
Of course, dream cars are created in the USA too.
There's a new Corvette coming this summer, but if you can't wait, the ultimate variation on the current generation is the ZR1. Staggering horsepower from its supercharged V-8 engine and a staggering price tag for something wearing a Chevy badge: over $120,000.
That makes the new 2013 SRT Viper seem like a bargain at closer to a hundred grand, before options. All-new this year, the Viper has gone to finishing school and graduated into true exotic territory. And like the Vipers that came before it, 10 cylinders boom out a thunderous exhaust note.
Exotic cars with exotic price tags are what many people dream about. Just remember to budget some of those lottery winnings for gas and insurance.
auto news, car tips, dave kunz
- Pinkberry co-founder given 7 yrs in '11 beating 18 min ago
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor 54 min ago
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry 42 min ago
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)