Save Money / Consumer News
Hot fashions for cool winter season
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It's the perfect time of year to dress up your style and make a statement from bold colors to luxurious fabrics and killer shoes.
"This season, it's all about the berry brights. We see a lot of deep crimson, a lot of fruit-punch red, a lot of electric oranges, which really makes up the sophisticated palette," says Loddo.
Pair a statement skirt, from Vera Wang's Lavender contemporary line for example, with a black top with embellished neckline.
Flower power is out. Well, sort of.
"The new different here is you're mixing your floral prints on a dark background," said Loddo. "You know, the spring floral looks are a lot more feminine. They're a lot more delicate. The winter florals are bigger, bolder, and more dramatic."
The black background on a sheath by Elie Tahari gives a floral look more depth for winter.
Nudes and neutrals are definitely out.
"You know why they're out? They're light weight, they're a lot of blush colors, they're kind of faded. You really want substance and textures for fall, and that's why we love the collection by True Religion brand jeans. The corduroy jacket in redwood, a perfect color for fall," says Loddo.
Keep the corduroy look modern by teaming it with dark denim and a crisp white shirt.
What's in for accessories? Start with shoes.
"Now it's all about the pointy toes and the high heels. The black pump by Sam Edelman. We love the hardware details on the side," says Loddo.
Save the delicate watch for the warmer months. Luxury sport watches are still feminine for winter.
And the messenger bag is out, whereas fringe is in.
"When you're buying a fringe bag, you really want to look for smooth, fine, smooth edges. You really want to avoid the narrow fringes, because they'll fray," says Loddo.
- Get more L.A. breaking news, weather, traffic and sports
- Have a news tip? Send your tips, video, or pictures
save money / consumer news, jane monreal
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- Sitting still for hours raises blood clot risk
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son
- Cool Kid visits seniors at retirement home
5 min ago