Save Money / Consumer News
Galaxy season ticket holders want refund
It looks like soccer star David Beckham wants to get out of his contract with the L.A. Galaxy, so he can play in Italy. And now, some Galaxy fans who bought season tickets because of Beckham want out too.
When David Beckham joined the LA Galaxy two years ago, it was one of the biggest moments in L.A. sports history.
"It was a huge day, it was a huge day for soccer in the United States and for the Galaxy," said Tom Payne, President of Galaxy Business Operations.
But earlier this year, David Beckham was loaned out to one of the premiere soccer franchises in the world, AC Milan in Italy. He is not expected to return to the Galaxy until the end of next month.
But public reports now say he wants to stay in Italy and may not return at all. Well that doesn't sit well with some Galaxy season ticket holders and they blame the team.
The Galaxy made the biggest decision, probably one of the biggest decisions in Los Angeles sports history to bring David Beckham to Los Angeles for $250,000,000 and now they want to make the biggest mistakes in Los Angeles sports history and let him go to Italy.
Edward Kaspar bought four season tickets at a cost of $1,000 a piece because of Beckham, but now he wants a refund. Yet, so far in e-mails from the Galaxy, they say Beckham is still on the team.
"It says, 'You can't believe everything you hear, especially from those people overseas. But I hope you enjoy the game on Sunday. And since Beckham will be back next season, you will be too, right?,'" said Kaspar.
While season ticket holders wonder if David Beckham is coming back to the team or not, the team is just as curious and they hope to have an answer by next week. And if David doesn't come back, well then they'll deal with the season ticket holders.
"We'll deal with those on a case by case basis. But right now there's not a lot to talk about because David is still on our team," said Payne.
And if David doesn't return, Coach Bruce Arena says he's prepared.
"I am very certain that we're going to have a better team in 2009 than we did in 2008, whether we have David Beckham or not," said Coach Arena.
"I enjoy soccer. I enjoy the Galaxy like most of the fans do. I just want David Beckham to stay here and I want the Galaxy to keep him here in Los Angeles," said Kaspar.
MORE L.A. BREAKING NEWS, WEATHER, TRAFFIC, SPORTS
SEND TIP || REPORT TYPO || WIDGET
save money / consumer news, ric romero
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide 18 min ago
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- OC man convicted of estranged wife's shooting
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing 7 min ago
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy 36 min ago