Save Money / Consumer News
Consumer Reports tests variety of showerheads
LOS ANGELES -- Looking for a new showerhead? See what Consumer Reports found when putting a variety of showerheads to the test.
A new showerhead can upgrade your bathroom, not to mention your day. Eyewitness News teamed up with Consumer Reports to find a top-rated showerhead that can make the start of your day an invigorating one.
Rain-shower showerheads, multiple-setting showerheads with a massage option, and your basic single-setting showerhead, are all popular options.
Consumer Reports had the invigorating task of testing showerheads -- 18 in all.
"We had male and female panelists taking showers in the Consumer Reports' locker room," said Celia Kuperszmid-Lehrman, Consumer Reports. "They took showers for eight weeks and were evaluating for force of stream and for water feel."
Water-saving showerheads that cut water and energy use were also included in the tests. Some were a hit, but others were a washout.
"If you have longer hair, to wash your hair in one of those low-flow showers, it isn't so easy," said panelist Kimberly Janeway.
"I like to feel that there's enough water. I don't like a fine stream," said panelist Steve Bova.
So what did the panelists like?
"I like that the force was pretty aggressive," said panelist Cheryl DeLena.
"People really didn't like wimpy showers," said Kuperszmid-Lehrman.
The MOEN Inspire is the top-rated multi-setting showerhead. It costs $50. And for just $15, the American Standard Easy Clean is a Best Buy. It delivers a forceful shower, though it has only one setting.
Consumer Reports says before you buy a showerhead, factor in what it takes for you to install it. Rain-shower heads in particular may be heavy and can require additional support or hardware, making installation more difficult and more expensive.
save money / consumer news, ric romero
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon 51 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary 24 min ago
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence 37 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker 58 min ago