Save Money / Consumer News
New media gives producers new opportunities
CULVER CITY, Calif. (KABC) -- It may look like a big screen animated feature from a major Hollywood studio, but CybeRacers is a series of mobisodes designed specifically to be viewed on a mobile device, like an iPhone.
Mark Miller is the CEO of Famous Frames Mobile Interactive, which produces the series. "It's a digital movie studio," explained Miller. "We produce and acquire original graphic content of all kind, and with our own digital platform we can distribute it to most mobile and wireless devices." The traditional entertainment world is evolving rapidly, with DVRs, 3D films, smart phones, iPods and more. Technology is changing the way people watch TV, movies and videos. Mark and out in front of this new wave of media by completely changing the rules.
"Our idea was to take our one-hundred-plus artists and hook them up with our own in-house animators, other content providers and produce and distribute - and basically control - our own product," said Miller.
Miller says when he started out, a lot of people thought he was out of his mind.
"What new media does, it equalizes the field for talent," said Miller. "It enables content providers to really bypass the barriers and restrictions of old Hollywood studios. It also empowers the consumers, because the consumer can decide what they want to watch, when they want to watch it and what format they want to watch it."
technology, save money / consumer news, phillip palmer
- Tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs; 51 dead
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- Laguna Beach sex assault suspect surrenders
- Fire near Frazier Park 90 percent contained
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Does your child have oral allergy syndrome?
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10