Save Money / Consumer News
Top 7 spots to get breakfast around L.A.
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- There are plenty of great places to get breakfast in Southern California. ABC7 teams up with Citysearch.com to find the top 7 around Los Angeles.1. John O'Groats
John O'Groats in West L.A. is the quintessential all-American diner, according to Mar Yvette of Citysearch.com.
"It was a small restaurant, it was a 20-seat counter. My mom was the waitress, and my dad was the cook," said Paul Tyler, owner of John O'Groats.
Favorites on the menu include the bacon and cheddar waffle, the maple pecan French toast and salmon hash and eggs.
2. The Griddle Cafe
Eating breakfast is popular all day at The Griddle Café in West Hollywood. The restaurant is famous for the long lines, but even more famous for delicious extra-large pancakes.
The owner is known as the Willy Wonka of breakfast, whipping up dishes like the Poache-De-Papas Benedict with potato skins, the triple-layer Banana-nana Pancakes and her red-velvet pancakes with cream cheese icing.
3. The Alcove
If you enjoy your breakfast at a more leisurely pace, then The Alcove in Los Feliz is your spot. The spacious garden patio is the perfect place to enjoy their selection of breakfast foods and baked goodies.
"I think what people respond to on our breakfast menu is not just the quantity ... but it's the quality, and we start with great ingredients," said owner Tom Trellis.
4. The Original Pantry Cafe
Popular with everyone from businessmen to club goers, you can find all the traditional breakfast foods at any time of day at The Original Pantry Café.
"I think what people respond to on our breakfast menu is not just the quanity & but it's the quality, and we start with great ingredients," said owner Tom Trellis.
Here are the breakfast locations rounding out the top 7:
5. Mogan's Café in Pacific Palisades
6. More Than Waffles in Encino
7. Schooner or Later in Long Beach
Great places to get breakfast are, of course, not exclusive to Los Angeles:
Orange County: Plum's Café in Costa Mesa
Inland Empire: Silver Dollar Pancake House in Corona
Ventura County: Allison's Country Café in Ventura
There's no way this list is complete. Share your favorite in the comments below!
top 7, food, save money / consumer news, alysha del valle
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery 16 min ago
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape 57 min ago
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 49 min ago
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Los Angeles Mission serves Good Friday meals
38 min ago