Save Money / Consumer News
Top 7 coffeehouses around Los Angeles area
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- There are hundreds of coffeehouses across Southern California. ABC7 teams up with Citysearch.com to find the top 7 coffeehouses around Los Angeles.
1. Urth Caffe
Urth Caffe in downtown Los Angeles is at the top of the list for its "coffee with a conscience" philosophy.
"The heart of Urth Caffe is that we are L.A.'s only heirloom organic coffee roaster, and it's the most amazing coffee you've ever tasted," said Shalom Berkman, co-owner of Urth Caffe.
Urth also offers specialty teas, coffee-making equipment, high-quality health-conscious meals and exquisite desserts created on site.
2. Caffe Luxxe
Found within the charming Brentwood country mart, the baristas at Caffe Luxxe go through extensive training to make sure every cup is an aromatic delight.
"This is a place for serious coffee drinkers. It's a far cry from the fast coffee-chain experience," said Mar Yvette of Citysearch.
Loyal patrons praise the carefully prepared, piping-hot cup of coffee at Intelligentsia, located in Silver Lake.
Customers are welcome to bring their four-legged friends along, and the free Wi-Fi doesn't hurt.
Here are the coffeehouses rounding out the top 7:
4. Groundwork Coffee in Venice and Hollywood: The Groundwork has provided eco-friendly, sustainable, delicious coffee for over 17 years.
5. Conservatory for Coffee in Culver City: A knowledgeable, friendly staff provides the foundation for this popular spot.
6. The Library A Coffee House in Long Beach: Along with creative coffee drinks, the ample, lined bookshelves make this shop a hit. (3412 E Broadway, (562) 433-2393)
7. Zona Rosa Caffe in Pasadena: Step into a vibrant, intimate coffee experience at Zona Rosa, and you may catch a live music show as well.
Great coffeehouses are, of course, not exclusive to Los Angeles:
Orange County: Kean Coffee in Newport Beach: Kean Coffee is a perfect spot to enjoy artisan coffees because of how warm and community oriented it is.
Inland Empire: Coffee Depot in Riverside: Not just a great cup of coffee, this historic landmark also boasts of being the largest coffeehouse in America.
Ventura County: Latte 101 in Ventura: Customers always feel welcome at Latte 101, and they're invited to create their very own blend.
There's no way this list is complete. Share your favorite in the comments below!
top 7, save money / consumer news, alysha del valle
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'