Save Money / Consumer News
IRS smartphone app will help track refunds
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- Want a better way to stay connected to the Internal Revenue Service? There's an app for that.
The app, called IRS2Go, allows you to track your tax refunds and get tax tips from the federal tax collection agency. The app won't cost you a penny and it's available for those with iPhones and Androids.
The IRS said it's using the app to become more accessible to taxpayers. In addition to the app, the agency also produces videos for YouTube and has a Twitter news feed.
The agency said personal tax information is encrypted, so taxpayers can safely access it. Taxpayers can download the IRS app at the Apple App Store, or the Android Marketplace.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
iPhone, android, app, technology, save money / consumer news
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 16 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage 32 min ago
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)