Save Money / Consumer News
Top 7 Valentine's Day spots around LA area
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- There are many romantic spots to spend Valentine's Day across Southern California, but which are the best? ABC7 teams up with Citysearch.com to find the top 7 places to take your valentine.
1. Cliff's Edge
Romance blooms at Cliff's Edge in Silver Lake.
"You really feel like you're in some tropical getaway. This place doesn't even have a sign out front, so it's really a hidden find," said Mar Yvette of Citysearch.com.
The restaurant features Italian and French cuisine with a California twist, like their perfectly seared filet mignon topped with gorgonzola, or their diver scallops, tiger shrimp and saffron risotto.
Guests enjoy an outdoor patio garden, where candles and lights create a magical environment.
"It's going to be a weekend of love," said Pierre Casanova of Cliff's Edge.
2. Osteria La Buca
With a retractable roof, a warm fireplace and delicious recipes from all regions of Italy, Osteria La Buca is a perfect place to spend Valentine's Day.
"This place is just cozy. It's very romantic; it kind of makes you want to scoot closer to your partner," Yvette said.
Couples can feast on a four-course, prix fixe meal with fresh oysters, Brazilian picana steak and a decadent chocolate dessert. For those planning to pop the question, Jack Van Der Hidde of Osteria La Buca says dinner is free.
"If you bring the ring and pop the question, dinner is on us," he said.
3. L.A. Zoo
The L.A. Zoo is hosting the second annual Sex and the City Zoo. For animal lovers 21 and over, it's a wild and unique way to celebrate.
Zoo veterans will lecture on animal mating and cohabitating, and festivities include desserts and wines. Proceeds benefit wildlife conservation.
Here are the Valentine's Day locations rounding out the top 7:
4. Supper Club in Hollywood
5. Takami in downtown L.A.
6. Culina in Beverly Hills
7. Gladstones in Malibu
Romantic places to spend Valentine's Day are, of course, not exclusive to Los Angeles:
Orange County: Anaheim White House in Anaheim
Inland Empire: Mission Inn in Riverside
Ventura County: Candlelight Kitchen & Bar in Ventura (211 E. Santa Clara St., (805) 643-3264)
There's no way this list is complete. Share your favorite in the comments below!
top 7, save money / consumer news, alysha del valle
Also SeeStory:Top 7 Valentine's Day spots around LA area
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 4 min ago
- Tour bus rolls over on 15 Freeway in Corona 33 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt 36 min ago
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California 7 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court 54 min ago
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal 47 min ago
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis