Save Money / Consumer News
Survey: People spending more this Valentine's
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It appears more people are in the giving spirit this Valentine's Day--or at least they're willing to spend like they are.
A new survey reveals that the average adult is planning to spend a little more than $116 on Valentine's Day gifts and merchandise. That's 12.8 percent more than last year.
But the survey also showed fewer people are planning to celebrate the holiday.
About 58 percent of adults surveyed said they'll be celebrating, which is down from 60 percent last year.
valentine's day, save money / consumer news
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal 19 min ago
- Ex-couple found guilty in East LA bank robbery 35 min ago
- IE teen gets 18 months in 'sextortion' plot
- Crimea declares independence; West hits back
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Burbank couple rescues child with mattress
- Lancaster man hit in deputy-involved shooting 32 min ago
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Malaysian plane search expands further
- abcnews: Woman says Scientology tore apart her family
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels
- Stooges drummer Scott Asheton dies at 64 17 min ago
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14