Save Money / Consumer News
Tips to look slimmer w/ clothes, accessories
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Getting the right combination of clothes and accessories can easily knock 10 pounds off a woman's appearance. The experts spill their secrets.
"Skinny jeans aren't just for skinny girls," said Carlota Espinosa, vice president of HauteLook.com.
Skinny jeans usually have stretch in them, so they're figure flattering and will make you feel thinner. For first-timers, there are a few tricks to making skinny jeans work.
"You've gotta get them in darker denim, you don't want to do something faded," Espinosa said. "You want to wear them with high heels. We love high heels - the higher the better."
Samples of highly attractive yet affordable Marco Santi heels from SoleSociety.com were on hand for the models to try.
With the skinny jeans, choose a top that looks great and can secretly tame your tummy, such as Maidenform's Flexees camisole, which comes in several colors and prints. The camisole also can be worn to work out or go out.
Another great option is a thinner material blouse with ruching along the waistline. While it's forgiving around the belly area, the fashionable top is still flattering.
"This is the top to wear. One, it's flattering and it also pushes in your tummy," said Espinosa.
Don't hide behind poofy, billowy dresses, because excess material makes you look bigger.
"Ladies, if you have curves, you need to show them," Espinosa advised.
An elegant, form-fitting black dress should be in every woman's closet. It can knock pounds off your appearance.
One model wore a black Diane von Furstenberg dress with lace sleeves that can help hide problem areas, as well as an edgy gold zipper along the back, which provides a flattering silhouette.
"This is a dress you can wear to a cocktail party. You can wear it to your favorite Oscar party," Espinosa said.
fashion, save money / consumer news, alysha del valle
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation 28 min ago
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future 35 min ago