Save Money / Consumer News
Energy rebates target Southland homeowners
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- L.A.-area homeowners can now qualify for thousands of dollars in rebates and incentives through a new statewide program. By doing some energy-saving upgrades to your home you can get the rebates, plus you'll save on your monthly utility bill and help the environment.
Los Angeles County is the first county in Southern California to roll out this new program that could put up to $4,500 in the pockets of Southland homeowners.
A new state program called Energy Upgrade California is targeting homeowners who will improve their homes, and through those improvements, single-family homeowners in Los Angeles County can qualify for up to $4,500, and in other Southland counties, up to $4,000, through rebates and incentives. The money comes from the state, county and various utilities.
To fully qualify for the incentive money a homeowner should be an Southern Californi Edison and Southern California Gas Company customer. But there are other rebates and incentives from other sources too.
Besides these new incentives and rebates, Energy Upgrade California is also holding an energy makeover contest, and the winner gets a makeover package worth $50,000.
environment, save money / consumer news, ric romero
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 58 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery 20 min ago
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
10 min ago