Save Money / Consumer News
Amazon offers cheaper Kindle e-reader w/ ads
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Amazon will soon offer a cheaper version of its popular Kindle e-reader, but with a catch. The less-expensive Kindle will feature advertisements.
The company's new "Kindle with Special Offers" goes for about $114 -- that's $25 less than its ad-free counterpart, Amazon's Kindle Wi-Fi.
The Kindle's "special offers" and ads will appear on the screensaver and at the bottom of its home screen. Amazon plans to mix ads with daily-deal style discount coupons.
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos says his company is working hard to make Kindle affordable to everyone.
save money / consumer news
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery 15 min ago
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape 56 min ago
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 48 min ago
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Los Angeles Mission serves Good Friday meals
37 min ago