Save Money / Consumer News
Amazon offers cheaper Kindle e-reader w/ ads
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Amazon will soon offer a cheaper version of its popular Kindle e-reader, but with a catch. The less-expensive Kindle will feature advertisements.
The company's new "Kindle with Special Offers" goes for about $114 -- that's $25 less than its ad-free counterpart, Amazon's Kindle Wi-Fi.
The Kindle's "special offers" and ads will appear on the screensaver and at the bottom of its home screen. Amazon plans to mix ads with daily-deal style discount coupons.
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos says his company is working hard to make Kindle affordable to everyone.
save money / consumer news
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey 33 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 23 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 8 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder 12 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail 2 min ago
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan 18 min ago
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months