Save Money / Consumer News
Google: More than 1 million computers affected by malware
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Google is warning about an outbreak of malware, or suspicious software, that has affected more than one million computers.
Google discovered the malware strain while performing maintenance. The company says it appears to be downloaded by people fooled by online scams that offered them anti-virus protection.
The company said it plans to send alerts to people notifying them their computers appear to be infected at the top of their Google search results. The notification will include a link on how to fix the problem.
save money / consumer news
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking 39 min ago
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries 34 min ago
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers 54 min ago
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured 22 min ago
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6' 56 min ago
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill