Save Money / Consumer News
1994 Honda Accord most stolen car in country
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A new report found that 1994 Honda Accords were the most stolen cars in the country in 2010.
The National Insurance Crime Bureau found that the model topped the list of most stolen cars for the third year in a row.
For 2010, the most stolen vehicles in the nation were:
- 1994 Honda Accord
- 1995 Honda Civic
- 1991 Toyota Camry
- 1999 Chevrolet Pickup (Full size)
- 1997 Ford F150 Series/Pickup
- 2004 Dodge Ram
- 2000 Dodge Caravan
- 1994 Acura Integra
- 2002 Ford Explorer
- 1999 Ford Taurus
For the first time since 2002 nationally, thieves preferred domestic brands over foreign brands. Ford took three spots, Dodge took two and Chevrolet held one. The remaining four were held by Honda, Toyota and Acura.
According to the FBI, overall car thefts are down, dropping 7.2 percent since 2009. If this preliminary number holds when the FBI comes out with its final statistics later in 2011, 2010 will post the fewest vehicle thefts since 1967.
Improved anti-theft technology is being credited for the declining theft rates. Of the nearly 52,000 Honda Accords stolen in 2010, more than 44,000 were models made in the 1990s. Fewer than 5,700 stolen Honda Accords were produced since the year 2000.
auto news, save money / consumer news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Whittier police standoff forces evacuations
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)