Save Money / Consumer News
'Snail Mail My Email' brings back old-fashioned letter-writing
SAN FRANCISCO (KABC) -- A high-tech project is trying to bring back an old-fashioned idea: written letters.
Snail Mail My Email is a month-long project out of San Francisco.
People write letters to friends or family and email them to the project. Volunteers then write out the letters by hand, include some extra flare, like artwork or a flower, and put them in the mail.
The organizer says too many people these days are relying on hurried emails and online messages.
"In a culture overrun with instant gratification and on-demand services, this project cultivates appreciation for the lost art of letter writing," the organization said on its website.
technology, san francisco, save money / consumer news
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests 7 min ago
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case
- Oklahoma tornado victims' names released
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte
- Local police officer accused of child molest
- Van Nuys stabbing victim's family speaks out 58 min ago
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- UC hospital workers' strike ends after 2 days
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment 5 min ago
- Charles Ramsey promised free burgers for life
- 'Hangover' films changed lives of the stars
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
56 min ago