Save Money / Consumer News
'Snail Mail My Email' brings back old-fashioned letter-writing
SAN FRANCISCO (KABC) -- A high-tech project is trying to bring back an old-fashioned idea: written letters.
Snail Mail My Email is a month-long project out of San Francisco.
People write letters to friends or family and email them to the project. Volunteers then write out the letters by hand, include some extra flare, like artwork or a flower, and put them in the mail.
The organizer says too many people these days are relying on hurried emails and online messages.
"In a culture overrun with instant gratification and on-demand services, this project cultivates appreciation for the lost art of letter writing," the organization said on its website.
technology, san francisco, save money / consumer news
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event