Save Money / Consumer News
Nook adds Time, People, Fortune magazines
NEW YORK (KABC) -- The Nook is adding some big names to the list of magazines it is now offering.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. announced Tuesday it has reached an agreement with Time magazine to make all 21 of its U.S. releases available on its color e-reader.
People, Fortune and Sports Illustrated were added to the Nook Newsstand on Tuesday, and InStyle and Entertainment Weekly are expected to join in the next few months.
The Nook has become a favorite among e-reader users, becoming a strong competitor to the iPad.
Sales on the Nook have been especially strong for publications such as Women's Health and Cosmopolitan.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
technology, save money / consumer news
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Budget deal: Liberals, conservatives grumbling
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Mega Millions jackpot to soar to $400 million 10 min ago
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms 33 min ago
- OTRC: Demi Lovato's cocaine, alcohol confessions