Save Money / Consumer News
BlackBerry outages include N and S America
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Service remains sporadic for BlackBerry users in Europe, Latin America, Asia, Africa, and the outage has now reached the U.S.
According to ABC News, RIM confirmed Wednesday that the outages spread to North and South America, the only major areas unaffected as of Tuesday.
Some Twitter users in Canada reported service outages as well.
As the outages stretch into their third day, Research In Motion Ltd., the Canadian company that makes the phones, said Tuesday that a crucial link in its infrastructure had failed, and a backup didn't work either.
"We are now working to clear that backlog and restore normal service as quickly as possible," the company said in a brief statement.
Unlike other cellphone makers, RIM handles email and messaging traffic to and from its phones. When it encounters a problem, millions of subscribers are affected at once.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
blackberry, technology, save money / consumer news
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide 4 min ago
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting 47 min ago
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- OC man convicted of estranged wife's shooting
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds
- abcnews: $65K reward in '08 Times Square bombing
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Katy Perry: Russell Brand texted divorce plan