Save Money / Consumer News
BlackBerry outages include N and S America
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Service remains sporadic for BlackBerry users in Europe, Latin America, Asia, Africa, and the outage has now reached the U.S.
According to ABC News, RIM confirmed Wednesday that the outages spread to North and South America, the only major areas unaffected as of Tuesday.
Some Twitter users in Canada reported service outages as well.
As the outages stretch into their third day, Research In Motion Ltd., the Canadian company that makes the phones, said Tuesday that a crucial link in its infrastructure had failed, and a backup didn't work either.
"We are now working to clear that backlog and restore normal service as quickly as possible," the company said in a brief statement.
Unlike other cellphone makers, RIM handles email and messaging traffic to and from its phones. When it encounters a problem, millions of subscribers are affected at once.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
blackberry, technology, save money / consumer news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 42 min ago
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43 47 min ago
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role