Save Money / Consumer News
A look at improvements in Apple iPhone 4S
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- People waited in lines for hours last Friday to buy the new iPhone 4S. Sales have been red hot ever since.
Just three days after its release, Apple had already sold 4 million of its newest touch-screen smartphones.
Consumer Reports found the camera on the iPhone 4S is one of the notable improvements over the iPhone 4. The new camera was upgraded from five to eight megapixels and the results are impressive.
"The camera is significantly better and it's especially good at taking pictures under low-light conditions, or when there's lots of sun and shadow," said Mike Gikas of Consumer Reports.
Consumer Reports found the iPhone 4S is faster than the iPhone 4 - as promised - particularly when launching apps and Web pages.
As far as the Siri interface, which allows users to make voice commands, Consumer Reports says the voice-activated control is remarkably good at understanding and executing requests.
Consumer Reports is still testing the iPhone 4S and is working on a new report on its battery life. It's also looking into Apple's new iCloud, which allows users to share music, photos, apps and more on different devices.
We'll report on those tests as they come in.
apple, iPhone, save money / consumer news, ric romero
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 23 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Amber Alert issued for Long Beach boy 5 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know... 54 min ago