Save Money / Consumer News
Fall fashion: What's in, out for women
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Cooler temperatures are upon us, and we might be thinking about doing a little shopping to update our fall wardrobe.
I teamed up with a few fashion experts to find out this season's must have clothes, shoes and accessories.
Straight from the latest issue, Harper's Bazaar answers what's in and what's out for fall.
Topping the list of what's out is the jean jacket.
"Well the jean jacket is out, because it's definitely more of that summer casual look. What's in? It's about the leather jacket by Andrew Marc," said Jane Loddo of Harper's Bazaar.
The bomber-style aviator jacket is a classic.
"We love the detachable fur collar to give you that extra dose of warmth as the temperature begins to drop,' said Loddo.
Camel and neutral-colored clothes were the rage last year, but this fall bold reds are everywhere.
"We saw a lot of red on the fall runways this season- everything from scarlet to cherry clothing, bags and shoes. It's that ultimate fashion statement," Loddo said.
Give your structured coats a break. They're out! Modern capes and ponchos are in.
"What we love about this look, it can be tailored and sleek or flowy and dramatic. It's a great jacket alternative," said Loddo.
Complete your updated fall look with must-have accessories. Sleek-yet-edgy ankle boots by Vince Camuto work with day to night outfits and palladium jewelry.
"So you can wear the pieces every day. It's a lot less expensive, so you're giving jewelry shoppers that affordable luxury," said Loddo.
fashion, save money / consumer news, alysha del valle
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures peds 8 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison 1 min ago
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- 3 'pimps' busted for Compton prostitution ring 4 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break