Save Money / Consumer News
Flight deals still available for Christmas time
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- If you haven't made your Thanksgiving travel plans, you may want to act now. Experts say the longer you wait, the more expensive that airline ticket is going to cost you.
On the other hand, despite what travelers have heard about air fare tickets being expensive over the holidays, there are still some bargains to be had if you are planning on traveling in December around the Christmas holiday.
But if you're going to be buying tickets for Thanksgiving at this late date, you're going to pay a premium.
That's because the best fares are available for those who book well in advance meaning at least 21 days or longer.
Some airline deals still to be had:
- Round trip from Los Angeles International Airport to Boston for $258 on JetBlue, Continental and American.
- Round trip from Long Beach to San Francisco on Southwest is $78.
- From LAX to Phoenix on American, US Airways and Delta is $118 round trip.
- From Burbank to Las Vegas on Southwest is $98 round trip.
This year children under 12 can leave their shoes on when going through security. Adults must still go through the same procedures.
Some airports will be using improved full body X-ray scanners that provide more privacy.
Expect more airlines to charge check baggage fees - and higher fees at that.
Some airlines have changed their boarding procedures. For example American Airlines, which used to board front to back, will begin boarding passengers in groups, which may add to the confusion at the gate.
Also, the Transportation Security Administration is going to expand their expedited security line system in early 2012. Until now, only two airports had it, but it's now going to be expanded to LAX.
airline, airport news, airport security, holiday, christmas, save money / consumer news, ric romero
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Brush fire scorches 575 acres in Castaic area
- Toddler, mom robbed by knife-wielding man
- Suspect killed inside Alhambra PD station
- Purse found in search for missing woman in IE
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- Laguna Beach sexual assault suspect sought
- Calif. unemployment rate falls to 9 percent
- OJ Simpson knew buddies had guns - ex-lawyer
- Ex-IRS head apologizes for tea party scandal
- Conn. commuter trains collide, 60 injured
- abcnews: Plane crash sole survivor breaks silence
- Michael Jackson death trial attorneys clash
- OTRC: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' movie review