Save Money / Consumer News
Fun local restaurants to take your kids
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Airplanes, pets, fire - those are just some of the ways local restaurants are keeping kids engaged while dining out.
Jessica Ritz, a writer and mother of two, created Taster Tots L.A., a blog dedicated to finding eateries that adults and children can enjoy.
"Our kids are definitely not models of good behavior. We do the best we can, but if we can make it through a meal, anyone can make it through a meal," said Ritz.
One of Ritz's favorites is the Grand Central Market in downtown Los Angeles. It's an open air market with dozens of dining choices.
"It's one of the most vibrant places in L.A. It's full of history. It has almost every kind of food vendor you can imagine," said Ritz.
It's a great spot for people-watching and it's right across the street from Angels Flight. Families can make a whole day out of it.
You don't often head to an airport for dinner, but kids love the 94th Aero Sqaudron.
It features a panoramic view of the landing strip at Van Nuys Airport. It's quite an experience for junior pilots!
"There's tons of stuff to look at," said Ritz. "There are planes taking off and landing. The building itself has all sorts of really cool niches."
Patrick Rafferty of 94th Aero Sqaudron said patrons can also feed the ducks.
"Feed the ducks and look at the planes and listen to the tower talk to the airplanes on the headphones -it's a fun great place," said Rafferty.
Jimmy Shaw's Loteria Grill made the cut because there's so much variety. There's outdoor seating, fresh fruit juices, and picky young eaters can experiment with a healthier meal. Some of the veggies are nicely disguised!
"The food is fantastic. There are also cocktails for the adults if you're okay with that, and you know you're going to have a really good, high-quality healthy meal," said Ritz.
food, save money / consumer news, alysha del valle
- LA gang activity coordinated from Kansas home 30 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; 3 injured
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign
- Prize-winning bulldogs stolen from IE home
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Consumer Reports tests summertime sunscreens
- Katherine Jackson cries, leaves courtroom
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'