Save Money / Consumer News
Bed, Bath & Beyond recalls tissue holder over radiation concern
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A metal tissue holder is being recalled by Bed, Bath & Beyond because it may contain radioactive material.
The Dual Ridge Metal boutique tissue holder, with the UPC number 8476820004980, was sold in more than 20 states, including California, and online since July 2011.
Officials say the recalled product contains man-made cobalt-60, which is used in medical devices and industrial applications.
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission says there's no real threat to anyone's health, but that it's better to avoid unnecessary exposure to radiation. The NRC also says that the material is believed to be in the tissue holder itself and cannot be inhaled nor can it contaminate other objects, such as tissues.
Bed, Bath & Beyond has pulled the tissue holders off store shelves and removed them from its website. The company is asking customers to return the tissue holders to any Bed, Bath & Beyond store for a full refund. Customers with questions can contact the company at 1-800-462-3966.
recall, save money / consumer news
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe? 47 min ago
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill
- Bear cub frequents Duarte for snacks
23 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
17 min ago