Save Money / Consumer News
MeUndies vending machine sells underwear
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Vending machines have been known as a place to get a quick snack, not a quick pair of drawers. But Jonathan Shokrian and Barak Diskin, the founders of MeUndies.com, thought it was time to pair unmentionables with munch-ables.
"We just feel like a vending machine is a great, convenient, fun way to give people products," said Diskin. "You can put a vending machine almost anywhere."
The MeUndies vending machine is the first of its kind and is in Confederacy Boutique on Hollywood Boulevard. It only dispenses men's skivvies right now at a cost of $16 a pair.
"We make all our underwear out of micro modal, it's a very soft fabric, it's very breathable. It's like cotton but it's even more silky-feeling," said Diskin.
But plans are to expand the union suit in a machine to include women's underwear, also T-shirts, socks and more in places the founders figure people could really use a quick pair of boxers, briefs or bloomers. Places like hotels, fitness centers and airports.
"So I find myself going away for a week and I have four pair of underwear and I'm always like 'Oh man, I'm gonna have to go shopping for underwear when I arrive at my destination.' It'd be really cool to have an underwear vending machine in an airport where I can just stop by and pick up three pair before I get on a flight," Diskin said.
shopping, save money / consumer news, ric romero
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic 52 min ago
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder 39 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 44 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors