Save Money / Consumer News
Easter brunch specials at Los Angeles restaurants
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Whether it's a cozy morning brunch for two at home or a traditional brunch buffet for the whole family, there are Easter specials all over town.
Sitting atop historic Bunker Hill inside the Omni Hotel, Grand Cafe is celebrating Easter with a traditional brunch and lunch buffet.
"We are so excited to be bringing back brunch for families this year," said Kathy Faulk, general manager of the Omni Hotel Los Angeles.. "You know, the last five years has really shown a renaissance in downtown."
Executive Chef Peter Dean has been prepping for the past two weeks. He said the menu will include eggs Benedict, smoked salmon, smoked and cured ham, as well as a waffles station, an ice cream sundae station and small plate desserts.
For adults, the brunch buffet comes with a complimentary Mimosa or champagne cocktail. For kids, there will be lots to choose from.
"There'll be an Easter bunny walking around with a basket full of treats and eggs," said Faulk. "Every kid gets to take something home with them."
Feeling a little lazy and don't want to the house? Los Angeles now has a luxury brunch delivery service known as the Brunch Butler.
The organic, gourmet spreads are delivered to your home, office or even your favorite local park.
"People who want to pamper themselves and enjoy a nice brunch in the morning or the afternoon, we do it 24/7, 365 days a year," said Herbie Engler, co-founder of Brunch Butler.
The customized boxes include pastries and desserts, freshly squeezed juices, and specials, such as the surf and turf plate with char-grilled beef and shrimp. Or try a Swiss favorite: a bowl of hearty oats topped with fresh cream, fruit and nuts.
"It's called a Swiss Bircher Muesli," said Engler. "It's like our national breakfast booster."
NOLA's, located near the Arts District, has a very popular Cajun brunch buffet with live music. It's a touch of New Orleans in downtown Los Angeles.
food, holiday, save money / consumer news, alysha del valle
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers 1 min ago
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die 43 min ago
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker