Save Money / Consumer News
Costco starts full-service mortgage lending program
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Costco, the nation's biggest warehouse retailer where you can get bulk bargains on just about anything, is now rolling out a full-service mortgage lending program.
The store partnered with New Jersey-based First Choice Bank and 10 other lenders to offer mortgages.
Members under the program can sign up for loans online and the rates, closing costs and terms are listed up front. Costco claims that it can save homeowners up to $5,000 over the typical life of the loan.
The Costco website also allows various lenders to provide quotes to loan shoppers.
About 10,000 people have already taken out their home loans with Costco. The retailer also offers health and auto insurance and eventually plans to offer student loans.
loan, save money / consumer news
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement 58 min ago
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes 54 min ago
- LAPD officers to wear body cameras downtown
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- 3-yr-old recovering after 5-organ transplant
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Leonardo DiCaprio, Matthew M. at 'Wolf' event