Save Money / Consumer News
Costco starts full-service mortgage lending program
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Costco, the nation's biggest warehouse retailer where you can get bulk bargains on just about anything, is now rolling out a full-service mortgage lending program.
The store partnered with New Jersey-based First Choice Bank and 10 other lenders to offer mortgages.
Members under the program can sign up for loans online and the rates, closing costs and terms are listed up front. Costco claims that it can save homeowners up to $5,000 over the typical life of the loan.
The Costco website also allows various lenders to provide quotes to loan shoppers.
About 10,000 people have already taken out their home loans with Costco. The retailer also offers health and auto insurance and eventually plans to offer student loans.
loan, save money / consumer news
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Brush fire scorches 575 acres in Castaic area
- Toddler, mom robbed by knife-wielding man
- Suspect killed inside Alhambra PD station
- Purse found in search for missing woman in IE
- Hacienda Heights soldier killed on 1st Iraq tour
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- Laguna Beach sexual assault suspect sought
- Calif. unemployment rate falls to 9 percent
- OJ Simpson knew buddies had guns - ex-lawyer
- Conn. commuter trains collide, 60 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands 2 min ago
- Michael Jackson death trial attorneys clash
- OTRC: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' movie review