Save Money / Consumer News
Costco starts full-service mortgage lending program
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Costco, the nation's biggest warehouse retailer where you can get bulk bargains on just about anything, is now rolling out a full-service mortgage lending program.
The store partnered with New Jersey-based First Choice Bank and 10 other lenders to offer mortgages.
Members under the program can sign up for loans online and the rates, closing costs and terms are listed up front. Costco claims that it can save homeowners up to $5,000 over the typical life of the loan.
The Costco website also allows various lenders to provide quotes to loan shoppers.
About 10,000 people have already taken out their home loans with Costco. The retailer also offers health and auto insurance and eventually plans to offer student loans.
loan, save money / consumer news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break