Save Money / Consumer News
Waze app helps you find cheap gas prices
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- We all do it - when you need to fill up, you check the signs at the gas stations nearby to look for the lowest price. There's nothing worse than filling up at one station when a better price was just down the street.
But what if your smartphone could take you directly to the cheapest station? That's what the Waze traffic app can do for you.
Not only does Waze provide real time driving conditions plus free GPS navigation, Waze now offers gas prices for stations near you.
Here's how it works. First, if you don't have Waze, download it for free. Then, click on navigate, categories, and you'll find a list with "gas station" right at the top. This will get you real time gas prices at stations near you - you can get it on a list or see it on a map.
Once you see the gas station you want, you can tap on it and go. You'll get turn-by-turn directions right to the location.
It's a simple, it's easy, and it could save you money at the pump.
gas price, app, save money / consumer news, alysha del valle
- Fast food workers protest, want $15 an hour
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- 2 deputies OK after crash on West 105 Freeway
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- Idaho school bus crash: 1 child killed, 4 hurt 10 min ago
- Bratton picked as NYPD commissioner again
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Manhattan Toy Quixel baby rattles recalled 25 min ago
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- OTRC: Beyonce posts bikini pics, goes on vegan diet