Save Money / Consumer News
Waze app helps you find cheap gas prices
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- We all do it - when you need to fill up, you check the signs at the gas stations nearby to look for the lowest price. There's nothing worse than filling up at one station when a better price was just down the street.
But what if your smartphone could take you directly to the cheapest station? That's what the Waze traffic app can do for you.
Not only does Waze provide real time driving conditions plus free GPS navigation, Waze now offers gas prices for stations near you.
Here's how it works. First, if you don't have Waze, download it for free. Then, click on navigate, categories, and you'll find a list with "gas station" right at the top. This will get you real time gas prices at stations near you - you can get it on a list or see it on a map.
Once you see the gas station you want, you can tap on it and go. You'll get turn-by-turn directions right to the location.
It's a simple, it's easy, and it could save you money at the pump.
gas price, app, save money / consumer news, alysha del valle
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged elder abuse
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court
- Metro Red, Purple lines now requires TAP card
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly killed woman
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Woman sought in Santa Ana Chase Bank robbery
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- Search for Jimmy Hoffa yields nothing, again
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US 53 min ago
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Fed says it will maintain bond purchase pace
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)