Save Money / Consumer News
Twitter back up and running after outage
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Twitter was down on Thursday for most people around the world, only six weeks after experiencing a widespread outage.
Twitter stopped working at about 8 a.m. PT, a day before the 2012 Olympic Games, which were expected to cause a spike in the use of the site.
The company acknowledged the problem, only saying in a statement that its engineers are "currently working to resolve the issue." On its site, a message was posted that said, "Twitter is currently down for %(equals) reason %. We expect to be back in %(equals) deadline %."
The Twitter outage was reported from countries in North America, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and Africa. Some users were able to post tweets through a mobile site or third-party applications.
Updates about the Olympic torch - which is currently winding its way through central London - were still pouring in, but far more slowly than earlier in the day.
Just after 10 a.m. PT, Twitter seemed to have resolved the issue.
In June, Twitter blamed its outage on a "cascaded bug" in one of its infrastructure components.
ABC News and The Associated Press contributed to this report.
technology, twitter, save money / consumer news
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking 39 min ago
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries 34 min ago
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers 54 min ago
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured 22 min ago
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6' 56 min ago
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill